BRIGHT BEGINNINGS PRE-SCHOOL PROGRAM INFORMATION
BRIGHT BEGINNINGS PRE-SCHOOL is uniquely qualified to provide a well-rounded early childhood education for your child. We thank you for your interest in Bright Beginnings and invite you to become acquainted with our program. We believe that a quality early childhood education is priceless and we would like to assist you in your search for the best program for your child. This decision is not an easy one. This handy fact sheet highlights some of the points that make our school stand out above the rest.
- We are licensed by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) and registered under the New York State Department of Education non-public schools. We adhere to their guidelines.
- Our educational philosophy addresses not only the academic areas, but also the physical, emotional and social development of the child. A Montessori approach is applied to our learning paths. Our classrooms are inviting and we use attractive materials designed for math, language, science, geography and sensorial exploration. Each child uses the materials at his/her own level and pace under the guidance of qualified staff.
- We are committed to the idea of continued personal and professional growth of the staff as educators by attending workshops and lectures. This allows us to provide a creative, caring and nurturing environment for our students.
- Bright Beginnings is open on a corporate calendar, therefore providing more instruction time for our students and flexibility to accommodate our parents’ needs.
- Our Extended Full Day Program is available from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. The Academic Full Day Program spans from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 pm. Transportation for the Kindergarten children is available upon request from their school district.
- Our Half Day Program is three hours long for both pre-nursery and nursery.
- The school year starts the beginning of September and continues until the third week of June. Our summer program runs for 8 to 9 weeks beginning the end of June. Parents select the days and weeks they prefer for the summer program.
- Parent/teacher conferences are scheduled once a year for every child enrolled in our school. If needed, additional conferences can be arranged.
- We offer a SCIS program in a collaboration agreement between Bright Beginnings and Theracare Pre-School Services (Special Class in an Integrated Setting).
- Snack is served by the school, following New York State Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) licensing guidelines and is approved by a nutritionist.
- Our classrooms are designed for their comfort and exploration. Multi-sensory materials are carefully chosen to invite the child to touch, to think, to experience. As you look around, you see a clean, attractive and unique learning environment.
- The YCCC facility has a full size gymnasium, which the children use for gross motor activities year round.
- Bright Beginnings is a member of the Town of Yorktown Museum located in the Yorktown Community and Cultural Center Building (YCCC). The children and staff are frequent visitors to the museum, which enriches their learning activities.
- The school holds an annual end of the year picnic that combines students and their families and staff. It is a day of fun, entertainment and camaraderie.
- BRIGHT BEGINNINGS PRE-SCHOOL is non-sectarian and accepts children regardless of race, creed, national origin, sex or religion.. We offer a multi-cultural program as part of our curriculum.
Thank you for taking the time to read this information. Please feel free to call our school office if you have further questions, need additional information or to arrange a visit. The office telephone number is (914) 962-2929. The office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Our e-mail address is email@example.com